Monday, June 16, 2008

The first week

The first week of my internship was exhausting. I began my first day by setting up for a table top shoot for PR packages for new shows like "Black Gold" and "Speeders" for TRUtv and Court TV. I learned how the turner photographers, especially Mark Hill, likes his set ups with each light attached to its seperate powerpack. After learning about shooting tethered and how to handle the Canon Mark II's they have I left to get back to my apartment before they closed at 6 to get a key cut because I left mine at home.

On the second day I finished up the press kits by shooting a punching bag on table top. My supervisor had meetings for the rest of the day so I had to begin a special intern project to start organizing a prop closet at the studio. The closet contained many interesting items including a giant banner with the TNT logo on it, 5 huge theater curtains, sporting equipment, back-lit posters, prop blankets, podiums, large sheets of plexi, Halloween decorations, and 3 American flag dresses. I also was able to find a fake beard. The project will continue through the internship so I had to pick up one of the other photographers from AVIS after returning from Nashville, TN. We when returned we began packing for the Wednesday photo shoot of a video production shoot.

Wednesday began earlier than usual. I got at the studio at 8:15 to pack the photo gear in Ted's car to go to a video shoot. The shoot was off of Wells St off of Metropolitan Parkway at Ambient Studios. The shoot was most of the day boring but I asked questions and watched how the video assistants handled all the grip equipment and used existing light. Ted mainly shot production stills with the blimps on the cameras. At the end of the day we shot some promotion shots with the talent. John Good, the talent, spent the night doing promotional spots for CNN's Black in America. Ted and I got back to the studio at 10 30 pm. We unpacked the camera equipment and left.

Thursday began with me unpacking the equipment from the day before. Then we set up for a photoshoot using their humongous white cyc wall. It was for the head of Latin CNN. We shot him in 2 different suites and ties. We shot him on white plexi-glass and v-flats. After the shoot I broke down the set and talked to Mark about the closet that I started to organize. After that I left for the week.

The first week was tiring and an interesting view into what I'll be doing the rest of the summer.

No comments: