Friday, February 2, 2007

FLATWARE ASSIGNMENT



We shot the flatware assignment today, Friday instead of Thursday because of a snow storm where she lives 2 hours from school. Some of the student shot on thursday anyway while the others shot today. Zubair and I came in about 1 pm to shoot ours and since he is shooting in digital he gets some experience with the 4 x 5 while helping me. I do what I can. So I wanted to do a college dorm type shot with some blue glass plates that match the fork, knife, and spoon I brought in. I borrowed a book from Valentina to use as a backdrop coupled with Zubair tablecloth that we ironed for an hour trying to get rid of the wrinkles. I shot with a 210 lens this time instead of the 150 mm lens I shot the last assignments with because i wanted to be up close to the cutlery. The best exposure I got with the polariod was #4 (f22 @ 4 sec with a stop and a 1/5 bellows extention.). Going from that Polaroid, which is 100 ISO to the 64T (which is 64 ISO transparency film) and keeping the depth of field that I wanted with f22. I decided to shoot the brackets with the time. So . . . keeping the f-stop (22): normal was at 7 seconds, 10 secwas 1/5 stop lighter, 14 sec was 1 stop lighter, and 5 sec was 1/2 stop darker. Above pictures are of the shoot setup and an idea photo I got from the internet. I developed the pictures and the last image is the one that I turned in for the assignment. I am also planning on keeping the flatware because I am tired of using plastic ones.

No comments: