Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Food and Pre-Production

Today (Tuesday July 24) had me realizing that I needed more hours at "the studio" to make the mark of 150. So, this week I decided to starting coming in on Wednesday along with Tuesday and Thursday. When I arrived at the studio at 1 pm today there was not much going on. In the main studio area, Ian and his assistant Matt, had a table top set up with lights for a butter toffee job they were shoot for publix. Like always I asked Callie how she was doing and continued on to Scott at his monitors in the next room. After speaking with Scott about what was on the schedule he informed me that they were waiting on approval of an estimate for a job. They did not want to do too much because it would be a lost cause if they did not get the job, but they did not want to be behind if they did. So they were in what Scott calls a "holding pattern". So most of my day was spent talking to Ian about his phase-1 back on his hasselblad and if he would ever consider stepping up to fully digital. He said that he really liked the idea of analogue and digital and you can not beat a t* lens unless you morgage your house for the 40+ thousand dollars H2 system. After about 3 hours of watching the set designer, art director, and photographer talk out the shot, Scott and I shot 8 more product shots for Whimsey Press. They were notebooks but long and skinny. We shot it in 15 minutes because all we had to do was recreate the set-up from the other 80 we shot. After the product shots I left because he was leaving. It was 5:45 pm.

No comments: