Monday, August 27, 2007

Break and Lighting Set-up

On August 16th I was back in the studio after a week off. Scott was in New York for his birthday and to show his book around to clients. I was able to go home and spend time with my family and a friend of my going away to school in Texas. When I got to the studio at 1 pm I was asked again to go to Staples and buy an industrial 3-hole punch because the other broke. Upon returning to the studio I helped Callie with the model packets and wrote out an email with the model's name, sizes, and what part they were in the shoot (i.e. "white woman", "coffee girl"). After finishing that task, and Scott not being back in the studio, Callie left and Iain asked to help him set up his lighting rig for his food shoot the next day. While getting ready for him I shot pictures around the studio with my camera. Iain and I set up his lighting situation for the next day shoot with a table, with a strobe on the floor pointing up with a soft box aimed toward the ceiling, white poster board set at a 90 degree angle to bounce the flash forward, a diffusion box, a sheet of diffusion paper, and then two pieces of white foam core to bounce the flash back. He set up his computer next to the rig with his Hasselblad EL/M with a Phase One back tethered to his computer running Capture One. We left the studio after photographing 2 apples on a plate and he was happy with the results. I left at 5:45 pm.

No comments: