Monday, August 27, 2007

Table Clothes and Publix


Today, Aug 17th, I arrived at the Studio to help out Iain (the other photographer that rents a place in Scott's loft ). Iain mainly is known for his natural lighting of food photography and is from London. I was on as the second assistant and Kip was the first. I mainly watched everything that they did and talked to as many people as I could to find out what they did to get where they are. There were 2 food stylists, Angie and Adam (he was her assistant), and a prop stylist who brought 3 large tables full of stuff. After waiting around alot for the food to get prepared. I was sent to pick-up breakfast at a restaurant just down the road called Belly's General Store. When I got back and placed the food on a table for everyone to enjoy, I was asked to go downstairs in storage to get two rubbermaid buckets of table clothes for the shoot. After Iain picked out the one he liked with the least amount of stains he asked me to iron it. It was a good think I know how to iron, thanks mom. While waiting on the food to be cooked I noticed that Iain has a small research library filled with magazines like PDN, BON APETITE, DONNA HAY, and GOURMET. After I went to pick up lunch from Surin and Fellini's we went back to photographing food. We photographed blueberry cobbler, cookies, cakes, chicken salade and other receipies that someone designed for PUBLIX and we were photographing them for newspaper and magazine print. The chef also dropped by to see how the shoot was going and offered his input. I also helped by naming and organizing the files after capture (with Kip showing me how to use capture one) and flagging and masking the lighting rig. After photographing 8 of the 13 or so products the crew decided to stop because they were also going to shoot the next day. I left the studio at 6:47 pm.

No comments: