Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Last Week

My last week started with the CNN / Espanola anchor shoot. On Monday we had the two most well known anchors first. After they were interviewed on camera we shot portraits of each of them in business clothing and casual. We shot portraits of 8 other anchors in both outfits and a group shot with everyone in business clothing. We also had one of the digital processors processing images while we were taking them.

Tuesday was the last day of the shoot. We shot 8 more portraits with the anchors wearing 2 different styles with a large group shot in business clothes. In each portrait shot we changed up the position of the wooden and silver blocks, which became difficult toward the end because we ran out of idea and keep track of what we already had done. After the shoot John and I cleaned up the studio and broke everything down. We had to mark were everything was positioned incase we needed to rebuild the set for more pictures which took a good bit of time.

The next day on Wednesday I was supposed to meet up with Justin for headshots at CNN radio. When he didn’t show up, Mark and I ran over there to do the shots. We set up in a small room and got all the headshots except one. It was really interesting to see the inside of CNN, where before I seen the inner workings with all the information cables, but with CNN radio I got to see booths and production offices. Upon arriving back to Turner, Mark and I talked about how my internship went and what I had learned. I told him I was greatful for the crash course in photo assisting while being able to watch professionals and learn tips and tricks to help me in my future career.

The last day of my internship was an easy one. I came to help Jeremy with another corporate headshot and also cut up foam to fit in the new case for the 23 inch apple cinema display to travel with. I also helped Ted with a product shoot he had for the TBS store. I got to talk to everyone I had met in the department and thank them for their patients and teaching me.

The last day was also sad for me. I had really enjoyed meeting the people I had worked with learning about the company. I feel very fortunate that I was given such a great opportunity to learn what all I did from whom I did. Each person I came into contact with at Turner was friendly and very helpful. Even though I knew at times I was hurting more than helping, the photographers were invested in helping me improve my abilities, for which I am grateful.

No comments: