Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Seventh Week

On my seventh week, I started on Tuesday getting my security badge, which was waiting for me in the security office. Then I set up for another corporate headshot with Jeremy and took them. We used the gray background with lights on them to create a gradient with large key light and medium soft box for a fill.

The next day Justin and I set up for pictures of a dog for a new show on the cartoon network. The costume was fitted with a guy inside and looked like a large Labrador. We went through some great poses of him drinking wine out of his dog bowl, holding a martini glass, and others. After cleaning up the shoot I was put to work priming the 16 x 16 ft wall. I thought this would be a good as time as any to try a time delay so I set up the camera and this is what I got.

On Thursday we had two portraits going on at the same time. We had Mark shooting headshots for executives of Latin / Boomerang Network. On the other side we had Justin shoot Headline News T-Shirts. I helped as much as I could with both sides sometimes getting equipment for both shoots at the same time out the equipment room. The headshots did not take as much time as the shirts so I helped out more with the headshots and then worked more with the shirts.

The last day of the week was spent setting up for the large shoot on the following Monday and Tuesday of the CNN / Espanola news anchors. I painted the wall again to make sure the wall was completely covered. It was the largest production so far in the studio while I was there as well as the largest lighting set up and largest shoot schedule. We set up two 12 x 12 ft silk diffusers with 2 umbrellas behind on each side for the group shot and then we had a movable beauty dish for the portraits with the 12 x 12 ft silks as fill light. We also laid down a wooden floor for the ground and we had 3 wood blocks and 2 silver blocks for props for the anchors all to sit on.

No comments: